Tuesday, November 30, 2010

How To Explain It To Your Parents

This video from Dutch designers Lernert & Sander is one of a group of nine conversations where Dutch artists explain their work to their parents.

In this case, Arno Coenen tries to explain the artistic statement behind his beer brewing to his father. It is a clash of subversive ideas vs conformity, passion vs reason and then ultimately degenerates into the intransigence of the familial power structure.

I find it utterly delightful ... laughed out loud in parts, because it reminds me of conversations between my son, Adam, and I so much.

12 minutes with subtitles. Watch it in full screen mode for readability.


How to explain it to my parents - Arno Coenen from Lernert & Sander on Vimeo.


More of the series How to explain my parents from Lernert & Sander can be viewed on Vimeo.

No comments: